That George Severini character at the Two River Times is one funny cat. Much funnier than the new publisher Michael Gooch. I've been reading Gooch's editorials over the past few weeks and I think he should just start a blog - who cares about the "news" about his "nice cordovan loafers" getting potentially ruined while walking to the ferry? Or about the "crappy situation" he's in because it's too cold for his puppies to go outside. This is our local news?
Speaking of local news (from the tantalizing pages of the Bayshore Courier's public notices):
Section 2. AGENCY DESIGNATION The local enforcing agency shall be the Atlantic Highlands Fire Department through its Division of Fire Prevention, which is hereby created therein. The Division of Fire Prevention shall herein after be known as the local enforcing agency.I am ALL FOR THIS DIVISION! Prevent fires! Stop the insanely loud fire alarm!
Here's a poem about Atlantic Highlands and the transformative birth of creativity rejuvenating our town. I liked the part about skinny dipping.
Seriously, can anyone tell me why there's not some sort of (even seasonal) protective covering on the pier we use for the ferry? I've heard local environmentalists are against it and I've heard it can't be done because of the boat slips. I don't need Seastreak or Atlantic Highlands to roll out a red carpet every time I walk down the pier but give me a break - it's #$%&*!^ nasty out there!
The Night's Songwriters Showcase/Winter Benefit Concert is tonight. Tickets are only $10.
Stuff from around the Internets:
- Comic book legend Stan Lee is creating a superhero movie and TV series featuring Ringo Starr. [via The Morning News]
- Beware of Orville Redenbacher Microwave Kettle Corn!
- U2 tickets for the Continental Arena go on sale Monday. I'm special, I got 2 already! Shasta!
- Area teen sets world record for balancing eggs.
- Check out the Snoop Dogg Shizzolator, paste the AH Muse url - www.ahmuse.blogspot.com - into the Shizzolator, light a blunt, crack open a 40 and enjoy.