Wednesday, January 05, 2005

1987 Redux

The Night has posted its top 90 albums of 2004 for thirtysomething white people. I think the list is good, albeit a bit nostalgic for the eighties. It includes Elvis Costello, Morrissey, The Cure, REM, U2, They Might Be Giants, Paul Westerburg, Camper Van Beethoven!, Robyn Hitchcock, Hothouse Flowers and Sonic Youth. Did I fall asleep on the couch and somehow wake up 20 years ago watching 12o Minutes? I just wish I'd hear some of these artists/albums when I tune into 90.5. The number one album really should be Whiny And Repetitive Acoustic Rock by Melodramatic Singer. I don't have anything against acoustic rock - I dug The Night's obsession with Dashboard Confessional last year - but it's getting to the point where sometimes I don't even bother tuning in. Unless I'm jonesing for Elvis Costello. That's The Night - acoustic whining, Elvis Costello and the Bluegrass Jam. Ya gots to mix it up people!

In case you didn't know, Jon Stewart will be at the Count Basie Theatre on January 29th. I'll be sippin' whiskey and playing Texas Hold 'Em but you should definitely go. Some other funnymen will be performing at Count Basie as well - Lewis Black on 2/27 and David Sedaris on 4/1.

For all the single ladies of Atlantic Highlands. Are you a "Nice/crazy/chill Girl That of Coarse Looks Good?" Then have I got the man for you.

Garrett - Male - 20 years old
Got problems like everyone, but plenty of things going my way. Good kids do bad things sometimes. Like trips when I have time. T. V. Is always relaxing, but I'm no couch potato. Active in bed. Sometimes I'm viewed as a bad guy, but I consider myself a real nice guy that does some bad things. I have a business e-mail, but use my old personel:.

Isn't the Internets great? Type in "Atlantic Highlands" and Google instantly gives you 922,000 links, including the above personal ad. It can even help you make bail!

The Independent is also reporting on Atlantic Highlands Herald columnist Amy Shore's newly adopted baby girl and book deal.

No comments: