Friday, February 11, 2005

He's Not Heavy, He's My Brother

“You’re actually cooking [the dinner] yourself,” Stanton pointed out. “It’s a lot of fun. The server will give you everything you need, including the tools, spices and sauces, and the cooking times.” What will those hip people in Red Bank think of next? Looks like Atlantic Highlands will have to go find a cook-your-own-fondue restaurant to move in now.

Don't be a library hater. Be a library lover. Or, at the very least, become a friend (with benefits?) of the library.

Acting Governor Richard Codey's brother got a nice raise the other day. It's good to know people in high places. I use to think it was scandalous when then Hoboken mayor Anthony Russo used to park his city-issued SUV on the sidewalk and stumble into the pub I lived on top of but after McGreevy and this Russo looks like a model citizen. [via The Jersey Side]

I'd really like to report on some more local buzz but news is slow coming. There's quite a bit of partisan bickering chatter going on in the Atlantic Highlands Herald forums but as I couldn't attend this past Wednesday's council meeting I can't really comment on it just yet.

In the absence of news there's always tequila! Register, drink and slur Spanish as you stumble home. Arriba! Arriba! Ándele! Ándele! Más tequila. Oh, dios mio.

Could you imagine a British company buying the Yankees? How do you think English soccer fans feel about the owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers trying to buy Manchester United?

1 comment:

Fausta said...

For the cook-it-yourself restaurant, I'll cook it myself, clean up, and even leave myself a good tip -- at home!