Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Wassssupppp?

First I'd like to thank Ed Kelley for taking over the AH Muse last week while I was enjoying sunny San Diego with my family. While I didn't stay completely out of the loop thanks to the amazing Internets, I did miss out on quite a bit of chatter and, apparently, the "official" start of the campaigning system.

Obviously, the hot topic is the harbor. In order to put all the pieces to the puzzle together I'm going to need to schedule a visit to Borough Hall to view the town's master plan and how the NJDOT presentation from a couple of weeks ago fits into it. Between the NJDOT's large files, the mater plan's sketchy renditions online and all the bickering on the AH Herald Forums I've no idea what's going on or where to start to form an opinion. I will say this again - the harbor and the borough are one in the same and people need to start thinking that way. Our little band of musketeers on the Harbor Commission and their cuneiform letter (page 1 and page 2) to the NJDOT is just as ridiculous as before I left on vacation. I remember learning something called constructive criticism when I was in kindergarten - the chiseled stone tablet they submitted is all criticism and nothing constructive. In the coming days I hope to dissect this ridiculous letter point by point, or maybe I'll just simply ignore it because the whole saga is annoying and silly.

I'm sure I'll have much more to say after my field trip to Borough Hall on the future of our town. Right now I gotta find a copy of last week's Bayshore Courier so I can see what the controversy about Mayor Donoghue's column is all about. I also need to catch up on the progress Bishop Gordon is making on ridding the world of all those crazy Marxists here in New Jersey and beyond.

No comments: