Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I'm About To Find What I'm Looking For

The countdown is on! U2 at the Brendan Byrne Continental Arena! May 18th! It's Guinness time!

Speaking of U2, Jersey blogger ShoreThing ran into Bono in an elevator today. How effing cool is that! And speaking of running into Bono, Mrs. Muse and I like to play a version of lottery fantasy called "Let's have Bono over for dinner." It's a game where we pretend how exactly we happen to run into Bono and just how cool he thinks we are. Well one thing leads to another and we say, hey Bono, how about coming over for dinner? Nothing fancy. And he says sure and we have some steamers, beer and burgers and we proceed to hang out and become lifelong friends. Usually my wife throws in a part about him strumming a few acoustic tunes and serenading her and I have a part where we go shoot pool a dive bar.

We're not too excited for the show tomorrow.

As I'm boycotting Seastreak this week I can't tell if the "rideout" has been successful so far or not. I do know that there are a lot people searching the Internets for "seastreak boycott" and "boycott seastreak" and "seastreak protest" and they are landing at the AH Muse. So, if anything a statement has been made, even if only by me and a few others (hopefully about 100). Seastreak won't get my $1.50 for the liquefied product which has been injected with caffeine (aka "coffee"), or my $6 for a plastic container of beer, or my $6 for what amounts to an ever so small and teasing tiny swig of scotch. At least this week damnit.

While I'm not happy with the fare increase, it's Seastreak's complete lack of customer service that I'm boycotting the most, as are most people. (Hmmm...can you boycott something that's lacking or doesn't exist?) The idea (obviously) is not to run Seastreak out of business but to make them actually write a business plan, think strategically and long term and to stop screwing Monmouth County riders. Anyway, steady I say.

Did I mention how the coffee sucks, and how a good number of boats are consistently late and how they'll hold a boat if a woman running in heels yells "wait" but when I'm running and yelling "oh for the love of God please wait and I shall present you with riches and rare treasures more wild than you could ever imagine" the crew pretty much waves to me, smiles, and says bon voyage? Steady. Indeed, you #$%&*@ stupid #$%&!#.

Comedy, conspiracy theories, love, learning and even campfire songs...it's all on the Atlantic Highlands Herald Forums.

No comments: