Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Harbor Enlightenment

Get thee to the Firemen's Fieldhouse at 4 p.m., Thursday, May 26th. McCormick-Taylor, the engineers commissioned by the New Jersey Dept. of Transportation to study our harbor and come up with some redevelopment plans will be holding a steel cage match Q&A session for residents re: the three plans presented a couple of weeks ago. Boy am I going to need a tubby of popcorn and 12-pack for this one. There will also be a survey for residents to fill out. Am I the only person who loves filling out surveys?

Congratulations are in order to Atlantic Highlands Elementary School Superintendent/Principal Martha H. Wallauer, who has announced her retirement. Not only did Marty, as she's apparently known, spend her entire 33 year career at AHES, beginning as a kindergarten teacher but she also attended AHES as a student. All that time spent in one building has apparently had a couple of negative effects on Marty as she has a fondness for the color purple (which by her request is featured throughout the new addition to the school) and she's moving to Florida.

Anyone else hear that we're losing the Bel Vesuvio pizzeria and gaining an oyster bar? It's true. And that Scenic Liquors was sold to KFC? That's a lie, relax ya stewhounds.

I usually drink my beer straight from a growler but on those occasions when I enjoy a bubbly Chimay I know my wife tells me to use a wine glass. She's right. The Beerman confirmed it for me.

The pirates at Seastreak are stealing more of my booty again. Click here if you want join the boycott.

No comments: