Friday, April 08, 2005

I May Have Found What I'm Looking For

Can't an Amish brother get a break?

We all know that there is no such thing as an Amish person who would ever provide a home to a horse that is not of any use. The Amish have no regard for animals and use them only as vehicles, food or trade. This is a well-known fact.


The Independent got a hold of one of the emails that began circulating around the area regarding the fate of Buddy and Butch, the two Belgian horses that work at the Longstreet Farm. From what I've read about the Longstreet Farm, Buddy and Butch were used for plowing and hay-rides. WHAT!? That sounds suspiciously like they used them for vehicles and trade. Somebody get the militia ready - we got some Amish in Holmdel that need to learn a lesson.

Laura Kirkpatrick, a public information representative for the Monmouth County Park System (MCPS) said "that the whole thing has spun out of control, and all started when one fallacy led to another, and then another." So, it looks like the MCSP is trying to find a good home for the horses and if any proceeds come from their sale will it would be considered a donation.

Julia, Julia
Oceanchild, calls me
So I sing a song of love
Julia, Julia
Seashell eyes, windy smile, calls me so I sing a song of love
Julia

Julia's opens this weekend in Atlantic Highlands.

Not to get anyone's my hopes up but HOLY SCHNIKIES HOLY SCHNIKIES, HOLY HOLY SCHNIKIES...deep breath...let me explain how the stars (literally) are aligning:

1. Wednesday, May 18th/ U2 @ Continental Arena
+
2. Thursday, May 19th/ Bruce Springsteen @ Continental Arena
= HOLY EFFING SCHNIKIES!

The Boss has the 18th off after a gig in Philly on the 17th - are you telling me he's not going to head home to Rumson, chill and then jump on stage the next night for an encore performance of I Haven't Still Found What I'm Looking For? Are you telling me Bono's not going to take a Lincoln town car over the river and through the swamp to jump on stage the next night as he's got a few days to kill before a 5/21 MSG show? You'd be nuts to tell me that cause I'll beat you with a rubber hose and sell your limp body to the Amish.

No comments: