If Councilman Jack Archibald has a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the
AH Herald editor Allan Dean defends Archibald this week from the "politically motivated rumors" apparently being spread by Atlantic Highlands Democrats that Archibald is in favor of the redevelopment of the McConnell property. However, Dean doesn't name who's spreading these rumors. Why not? Is it because this rumor is a rumor itself? Is it that he read this post and now I'm an "otherwise reliable AH Dem(s)" now turned to the Dark Side? Is Dean serious when he states that politically motivated rumors (invented by Democrats) are beginning to fly and that politics are turning ugly (damn Democrats again) now that election season has started? Anyone who reads the Herald and its forums knows that politically motivated rumors and ugly politics are what keep us reading the soap opera that is our town politics year in and year out and that Dean himself actively participates.
For the record, Mayor Donoghue wrote a letter to the editor of the Bayshore Courier stating that he's going to work to see that the McConnell property can be used for public green space. Councilman Carl Nolan has also gone on record saying he is working toward stopping any kind of development on our shores. I'm yet to read or hear Archibald and the Republicans come out against this development. He's used the issue to try to paint the Democrats as being lazy and incompetent, yet he's been on the Council for nine years, has been involved in the town's Master Plan, has worked to protect other green space in town and yet no word on this property. Why?
Well, regardless of what I think, the Mayor thinks or Councilmen Archibald and Nolan think, you should let these folks know what you think.
Wednesday night's open house at the newly renovated AHES was a nice event. The teachers and staff were very friendly and informative, leading small tours through different classrooms and wings of the building. I encourage anyone who couldn't make it to drop by the school and take a tour. Some things I noticed:
- Some classrooms still have the original built-in cabinets and closets. Pretty neat.
- Most classrooms have at least two computers and the new media center is high-high-tech.
- Teachers still use the same cassette players and old-school headphones that I remember from elementary school. Couldn't we have afforded an iPod for each class? (That's a joke - I can hear a few Republican council members cursing my name right now).
- The band room is really smelly. What's up with that?
- The cake in the cafeteria was tast-eee and nearly swallowed whole by my daughter. Good thing she's a messy eater and left some crumbs on her party dress for me.
Carnival of New Jersey Bloggers
I'm a little late on this but check out last Sunday's edition hosted by PDC Ryan of If This Is Paradise I Wish I Had a Lawn-mower. The latest installment of the Carnival will be hosted by Have You Had Your Dojo Mojo Today? Look for it on Sunday. If this carney talk don't make sense to you read about the party here.
The Keansburg Fire Department in association with the Keansburg Office of Emergency Management and the Keansburg Police Department will be making an emergency supply collection for the victims of Hurricane Katrina which hit the South.
Here's a list of organizations that are also collecting money to help those affected by the hurricane.
You can read a first hand account how horrible the situation is in New Orleans on this blog.
- Just 7 days until TRT: The Book! Kick off your driving mocs, sit back and relax with a good book in whichever of your 30 rooms you decide.
- Long Trail...mmmm...Magic Hat....number 9, number 9, Otter Creek...Get to know your Vermont beers with our very own Beerman.
- I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore! Anderson Cooper of CNN let the Sen. Mary Landrieu (Democrat of Louisiana) have it big time.
- Area Man Training For Upcoming Sanford And Son Marathon.
- Check out Down the Shore, a blog covering our backyard.
....nah, nah, nah, nah...nah, nah, nah, nah....hey hey, goodbye. All together now.
Have a great Labor Day weekend!